We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Potatoes in a pressure cooker: recipes, tips and instructions for cooking potatoes in a pressure cooker. From boiled potatoes to stew with pressure cooked potatoes.
On this page I will answer the most frequentFAQ(acronym for frequently asked questions), that is, I will give an answer to the most common questions about cooking potatoes in a pressure cooker.
When it comes to potatoes in a pressure cookerthe only doubts: how much water to put, how much cooking times are and if there are more elaborate recipes so as to free ourselves from the classic boiled potato! Well, below you will find everything you are looking for.
- How long does it take to cook the potatoes in the pressure cooker?
The cooking times ofpotatoes in a pressure cookervary according to the size of the potatoes. For whole small-sized potatoes such as those commonly found on the market, cooking times are around 15 minutes.
The cooking times ofpotatoes in a pressure cookerthey decrease if you want to cookpotatoesalready cut into cubes. In this context, the timing will be directly proportional to the size of the cubes obtained. Potatoes in slices or cubes, in general, can be boiled under pressure within 6 - 8 minutes.
Recall that the cooking times of thepressure cookerthey are calculated from the moment the valve whistles. The puff of the valve can be compared to the referee's whistle that starts a match, so the vent begins the actual cooking.
- Cook the potatoes with the pressure cooker, how much water?
There must be enough water to barely cover the volume of the potatoes.
- Potatoes boiled in a pressure cooker
A complete guide on how to makeboiled potatoes in the pressure cooker:
how to boil potatoes in a pressure cooker.
Recipes for cooking potatoes in a pressure cooker:pressure cooker potato stew
The pressure cooker potato stew is a delicious second course for those who love meat dishes. Macrobiotic cuisine recommends that we prepare it exclusively in winter, but we leave the last word to you.
There cooking in a pressure cooker makes the meat more tender and the potatoes creamier. The ingredients you will need to prepare itPotato stew in a pressure cooker I'm:
- 800 gr of meat per stew
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk of celery
- Flour as required
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 700 gr of potatoes
- Broth as needed
- 1 carrot
- Aromas (rosemary is a must)
- Extra virgin olive oil
For the procedure:
- In the same pressure cooker, heat the extra virgin olive oil and fry the onion, celery and carrot cut into small chunks.
- Aside, cut the meat into cubes and lightly flour it. Add the meat to the pan and brown it over high heat for about 10 minutes.
Add the wine and simmer by turning the meat with a wooden spoon.
- When the wine has almost completely evaporated, lower the heat. Add pepper, salt and herbs.
- Cover the meat with the broth and close the pressure cooker. Cooking times are calculated by counting 30 minutes after the whistle.
- While you wait for the cookingstew, cut the potatoes. After 30 minutes, vent the pressure cooker valve and add the potatoes. Close the pot and cook for another 10 minutes always after the whistle. At this stage, if necessary, add more broth along with the potatoes.
Cook the potatoes in the pressure cooker
The only way to cook the potatoes in the pressure cooker is not that ofboil them:with the pressure cooker it is also possible to practice steam cooking, even healthier because the food (in this case potatoes) does not come into direct contact with liquids but only with the steam that is created in the pressure chamber. For steaming potatoes in the pressure cooker you need a basket.
For completeness, I refer you to examples on Amazon that carry the guarantee of the signatureLagostina. On the web and on Amazon there are other cheaper models but I advise you to buy them in real stainless steel, low quality baskets, in contact with food, could give rise to food contamination. The choice of pots must be made carefully!
- Accessory for Pressure Cooker Wire Basket, Stainless Steel, Diameter 22 cm for Capacity 5 Liters
- Accessory for Pressure Cooker Wire Basket, Stainless Steel, Diameter 22 cm for Capacity 7 Liters
- Accessory for Pressure Cooker Grill, Stainless Steel, for Capacity 3.5 / 5/6/7/9 Liters
If you liked this article you can follow me on Twitter, add me on Facebook, among the circles of G + or see my shots on Instagram, le vie dei social they are infinite! :)
You might also be interested in
- Highly digestible foods
- Pressure cooker: use