We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Famous all over the world for being the protagonist of Halloween, the pumpkin it is used in the kitchen in the preparation of many dishes: it can be an excellent second as in the case of the pumpkin omelette, the condiment for a first course but it is also the ingredient for many desserts.
With pumpkin we can prepare a tasty risotto, a vegetarian dish that does not require any cooking skills. In this regard we will show you how to do the Risotto With Pumpkin following our recipe step by step. Nothing is thrown away from the pumpkin! The peel is a precious resource for a good compost and pumpkin seeds represent a real concentrate of well-being as they contain omega3 essential fatty acids.
How to recognize a pumpkin good quality
At the time of purchase, give it a small pat on its surface: a dull sound should come out. Also check that the stalk is well fixed to the fruit.
If you bought the pumpkin in pieces, make sure the pulp is firm and has a nice deep orange color.
Risotto With Pumpkin, ingredients for 4 people
- 300 grams of organic rice
- 350 grams of pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 100 grams of Emmenthal
- ½ glass of white wine
- 50 grams of butter
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Salt, pepper to taste
Risotto With Pumpkin, the preparation
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and filaments then cut it into small pieces
- Pour the chopped pumpkin into the mixer, adding the wine, until it is reduced to a pulp
- Peel the onion, slice it finely then pour it into a non-stick pan with a knob of butter and sauté for a few seconds
- Add the pumpkin cream, immediately after the rice and toast, stirring often
- Gradually pour in the broth and season with salt: one ladle at a time as soon as the previous one is absorbed
- Cut the Emmenthal into cubes and add it to the rice a few minutes before turning off the heat and mix well until everything is combined
Yours is ready Risotto With Pumpkin which you can serve with a sprinkle of pepper: you can also add aromas such as sage or a few leaves of fresh mint.